Love Food, Hate Waste? Come make a difference with Mesh!
Positon: Program Manager, Retail Food Recovery
Duration: Full time. 12 month Contract (renewable).
Location: Mesh Exchange Office, 171 Water Street, Vancouver, Canada (remote work possible)
We are looking for an experienced professional to oversee the operational implementation of the Retail Food Recovery Program, a program designed to help grocery stores safely divert 100% of their unsold perishables to a network of local recovery organizations.
The Program Manager will be responsible for stewarding the development of a food share network of recovery organizations consisting of foodbanks, supporting charities, farmers and composters interested in participating in the program. The role will encompass, but will not be limited to, the following scope of work:
- Network Development:
- Community Outreach - Communicate program details to strategic regions; identify prospective charities and farmers to partake in a local recovery network.
- Assess interested charities capacity and desire to meet customer requirements of full diversion - determine if they are a lead or support charity.
- Assess farmer leads to find appropriate farmers for charity food hubs.
- Operational Readiness:
- Work with Program Director to assist charity partner achieve operational readiness before commencing their full recovery program (purchase totes, scheduling farmer pick ups, etc).
- Vet and schedule network of farmers to absorb daily farm donations from charity food hubs.
- Coordinate with charity food hub contacts to track and monitor tasks and actions leading up to program launch.
- Provide onsite support, training and troubleshooting at charity food hub during initial phase of operations.
- Build project plan and schedule (GANTT) for operationally-ready charity food hubs.
- On-going Support:
- Provide ongoing operational support for charity food hub, and farmers such as troubleshooting, refinement of processes, recruit more farmers as needed.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Experience with change management and delicately introducing new processes;
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment;
- Familiarity with Google Suite of tools. Willingness to learn new digital tools;
- Methodical tracking and followup of tasks and actions;
- Solutions oriented, open minded and creative problem solver;
- Ability to prioritize many competing demands;
- Excellent written and verbal communicator that can adapt to customer needs and styles (employees, volunteers, seniors, people with disabilities, unemployed, recovering addicts, farmers, etc).
- Willing to travel monthly within BC for 3-5 day periods;
- Valid BC Drivers licence. Access to a vehicle an asset.
- Experience volunteering with a Food Banks BC member (strong asset).
Mesh Exchange (dba FoodMesh) is a Vancouver based technology startup, building scalable food recovery solutions for food businesses. We build apps and programs to simplify and digitize the redistribution of surplus food. Established in March 2016, our work is rooted in fixing avoidable food waste by developing viable business tech solutions for food businesses targeting waste reduction goals.
Please send CV and cover letter detailing why you want to work with Mesh to email@example.com
Compensation: Competitive, Based on Experience: (Base + bonus + expenses).