Love Food, Hate Waste?
Come make a difference with Mesh!
Reporting to the Retail Program Director, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for establishing new corporate relationships supporting FoodMesh’s rapid growth targets as we expand into other markets in Canada. The successful candidate will bring several years of experience developing new business initiatives in the retail food and beverage sector.
- Maintain existing relationships and grow accounts within the region through regular customer visits and customer appreciation events
- Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers via prospecting, networking and referral activities
- Ensure all customer issues are dealt with proactively and effectively, keeping management informed of any issues/problems that may escalate
- Liaise with and be point of contact with Corporate Retail Leads
- Understand client needs and manage client expectations
- Partner with FoodMesh leadership negotiating new Client partner contracts
- Build on established industry network contacts
- Be comfortable representing FoodMesh - communicating with our clients (potential and existing) at the VP and Exec level
- 20-50% Travel required
- 5-8 years of relevant Business Development/Account Management experience
- Preferred experience in grocery/food and beverage industry
- Strong customer relations, marketing experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong business relationships
- Senior retail corporate sales, business development experience
- BBA/BCom, degree in marketing or related
Mesh Exchange (dba FoodMesh) is a Vancouver based technology startup, building scalable digital solutions to simplify and digitize the redistribution of surplus food. Our work is rooted in fixing avoidable food waste by developing viable business tech solutions for food businesses targeting waste reduction goals.